Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Way We Celebrate Our Independence

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism." 
~Erma Bombeck

I copied this from the Cricut Chirp Newsletter.  You gotta love a country that celebrates like this!

Most everyone who knows me, knows I'm a Patriot through and through.  Are we perfect as a people? Nope!  (Only One is perfect.)   Most of us try really hard to be good Americans, good people in general.  There are knuckle heads in every country, including ours.

If you happen to see a US Service Member, or a Veteran, be sure to say, "Thank you for your service to our country!  Because of you and those who serve with you, we are free to celebrate today!  My family and I appreciate your service and we're so proud of you!"

What ever you do this weekend, however you celebrate our independence, stay safe, have fun - most of all be proud to be an American!  I know I am!

Blessings for a wonderful holiday weekend,
Donna 

No comments:

Post a Comment