Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Friday, October 29, 2010

Newest Afghan is Completed!

The newest of my creations is finally completed!  Last night I tied off and weaved in the final strings (ends) and will block it, take photos, and wrap it up!  Someone already laid claim for their gift early this year when I first began.  So, surprising him will be a delight!

This one is a simple granny square stitch.  Very basic and very easy.  Instead of going around in a square, for an afghan, not a baby blanket, it is crocheted in a rectangle.  I loved breaking up the pattern with two additional colors that coordinated with the darker green.  I used the pattern I saw from Bernat called "Blue Afghan" and it is considered a beginner's pattern because of it's simplicity.  I called it my "Traveling Afghan" because I could work on it in the car whenever we went somewhere and I had an extra half hour or more, and it was super easy!

I know this will bring many years of warmth, and love, every time it is used!

Thanks for taking a peak!  Many blessings, Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment