Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Friday, May 20, 2011

First Step in My New Blog Facelift!

Oh my gosh!  Finally!  I have slaved over my computer trying to make changes to my blog!  Now, stop laughing!  I can actually hear you and heard a couple of you fall out of your chairs and you're rolling around on the floor laughing!  This is huge for me, HUGE!  When it comes to working on my computer, especially even thinking about working with any code, my spine melts and leaves my body.  Not kidding - so stop giggling!  I can usually do anything once I put my mind to it, so I don't know why computers scare me so much.

Anyway, here's my first step in my blog facelift!  I love it!  I am so proud of this - isn't it pretty!?  Now I need to learn how to install blinkies and buttons and all of the other thingies that we can put on them!

I have to thank a lot of people - first my sweet husband who sat patiently with me for a long time, much longer than I thought he would, before finally saying this morning, when I was going to change everything he helped me with last night, "you need to figure this out by yourself, this is your blog!"  Hmm, sounds familiar, he told me that when I first started this blog!  So, I followed the awesome directions from the ladies at  Makin' Cute Blogs (makincuteblogs.com) for the 30 Minute FREE Blog Makeover!  And, once I put my mind to it - it was as easy as the directions said!  So, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  Next is Rachael at The Cutest Blog On The Block (tcbotb) for the free blog code.  I love, love, love it!!!  These folks are wonderful for people like all of us who can't, for what ever reason, do this and they share their talents with us out of the goodness of their hearts, so thank all of you!

I am mentally exhausted after spending most of the day looking through all of the hundreds of blog layouts that are available, so tomorrow, or sometime over the weekend, I know I still have a lot of work to do on my blog.  But, I also know I'm on my way to having as beautiful a blog as you all do!  I'm really proud of myself!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!  Thank you for stopping by to take a look.

Many blessings,
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Wow my dear friend! This layout looks amazing! I love it, it's worth your efforts and time! That's great to have such a wonderful husband beside to support your blog facelift! How blessing you are! You are so great and I can't wait to see the next inspiration from you!
    Take care my friend, have a wonderful day!
    Love you! xxx

    ReplyDelete