Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Welcome 2011!!  The New Year is officially here on the West Coast!  So, to all of you "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

I'm so ready for the new year to begin!  A new beginning, a fresh new start to a brand new year!  Do you make a list of New Year's Resolutions?  I usually do, sometimes I over state what I would like to accomplish - oh darn, let's just say I almost always over state what I would like to get accomplished!  I do the same thing when I make a list of daily things, weekly projects, monthly lists - so why on earth would a list for the new year be any different? 

But - If I don't make a list, I have nothing so shoot for.  Kind of like that old saying "Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."  ~Les Brown  I love positive quotes.  But it is true, isn't it?  If you don't set goals, don't shoot for the moon, just going along in life, if you miss, if you fall down, I suppose you'll end up face down in the mud!  OK that settles it, don't care what everyone else does, on to my list!

What ever you are planning, what ever you want to do, I hope you do it.  I pray that all my family and friends have good health, happiness around them and prosperity in the new year and beyond.

Enjoy your day today.  I know many will be watching football games, the Rose Parade, movies, playing games, visiting with family or friends, eating this and that with the idea it's just for today - right?  I know we have friends coming over early in the morning and we're planning on munching breakfast ~ yummy fruits and sweet breads ~ lunch ~ veggies and cheeses ~ and assorted meats, cheeses and desserts for dinner.  We will roll our friends out the door, to their car that night and then the first thing on the Resolution list starts!

Here are a couple of more quotes I really like ~ 
God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them.  ~Author Unknown 
and everyone's all time favorite ~ 
Try not.  Do or do not.  There is no try.  ~Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back 

No comments:

Post a Comment