Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Happy Birthday!

I celebrated my birthday over the weekend, and had a lovely time!

Our good friends drove down from Fairfield to stay with us, and cooked a birthday dinner for me!  How lovely is that?  They drove many hours, brought all of the ingredients, even a small camping grill, cooked and served dinner for Don and I!  It was lovely, and yummy, and so thoughtful of them!

They made a new dish from 'Fine Dining' which was an Italian vegetable pasta dish.  All of the veggies were grilled separately, tossed with grilled Roma tomatoes and olive oil, served over linguini.  It was delicious!  I made fresh sourdough bread and a yummy sourdough chocolate cake (yes, I made my own birthday cake - and enjoyed every bite!!)

Sunday morning I made them a breakfast of fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries and mangoes) and a new recipe for me, Blueberry Scones, which turned out to be the best scones I've had.  They were sweet, soft and so yummy with fresh blueberries!  (all of my recipes are from the King Arthur Flour website)

Last Friday, my youngest granddaughter, Leila, spent the day with me.  We were drawing pictures together and she asked me how old I was going to be on my birthday, I told her 59.  She said, "well, you know, when you turn 100 then you will be getting old, Grandma." God bless the little ones!  I don't feel old, so I'm not going to act old.  I'm only 59, after all!

Blessings and enjoy this wonderful new week,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment