Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Time is Coming

My most favorite time of the year - Christmas!

I love this season.  The hope it brings, the feelings of family, of love, of warmth.  Here in California, we don't get snow, well most of us don't get snow.  The warmth I speak of is of is warmth from the heart.

For me Christmastime is the time for reflecting what the season, the reason for the season, the meaning of the first Christmas as it pertains to Christians truly means ~ Jesus' birthday.  The hope it brings, true hope, of everlasting life and love.  As a Christian, I believe without seeing.  We all believe what we want to, and isn't that the most wonderful thing about our country?  We are free to believe what we want to believe, freedom of religion, not from religion. 

I also love all of the lights, trees decorated, Santa and his reindeer, Snow people everywhere.  I just love Christmastime!  In the center of every tree or display in our home though is a Nativity scene.  The focus should always remain what we are celebrating. 

We do give presents, mostly to the kids, although I do still give Mom a gift each year.  In the almost 20 years Don and I have been together, we have never exchanged gifts.  We took the burden of "how to top last year" off of the table our first Christmas, as well as our birthdays, and our anniversary.  The joy for us is giving to others.  We always try to give to those in the community that are struggling, too. 

I made part of our gifts this year, and some of our cards.  Next year, my goal is to make 100% of our cards, and more of our gifts.

May you all have the happiest, Merriest Christmas ever!  May God bless you and your families.  May you find peace and hope in your lives, in everything you do. 

Blessings, Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment