Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blooming Flower Pillow

This beautiful pattern in another I found on Attic 24.  Lucy is a marvelous teacher of our happy crochet hooks!  Her patterns are very easy to follow, lots of photos throughout the project, and a grand sense of humor!

Here is my take on the Blooming Flower Cushion (Pillow - for me) to be happily displayed on the children's guest bed, along with the Hexagon Afghan, also one of Lucy's patterns!
I love the way the colors pop on the petals.  I will be sewing the pillow form and stuffing it, attaching the back side, later this week.

Lucy is great at reminding all of us who are in the US to exchange the UK terms with American. I've tried patterns before and become very frustrated and completely wasted time crocheting a pattern and not having it come out correctly because of this.  It's great of Lucy to remind us and give us the various stitches to use.  The back side of the pillow uses the same color variations, only no ruffles, just double crochet throughout the entire back side until the last, joining row. 

This has been another great project to use up left over yarn.  I only have a bit of this left, so I'd better get to crocheting some new projects!

Thank you, Lucy, for another great pattern!
Continued blessings, all!
Donna

 

2 comments:

  1. Donna your pillow is really beautiful, I love the colours! Glad you had some fun hooky time with it :o)
    Lots of love to you
    Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project Donna, what a great pillow for the grands to snuggle when they stay with you
    hugs
    Enfys xx

    ReplyDelete