Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Laura Bush ~ An Evening To Remember


My son, Albert, invited me to hear Laura Bush, our gracious former First Lady Lady, at West Hills Community College in Lemoore, California.  This new arena, and campus, is only 5 minutes from their home and was very comfortable.  We had great seats, and honestly saw her up close and personal.

Mrs. Bush has a wonderful sense of humor and looks just as beautiful as she did in the White House.  She spoke of her work, the first National Book Festival, launched at the Library of Congress on the Saturday, just a few days prior to September 11, 2001;  how the events of 9-11-01 changed the everything for President Bush and his presidency, their lives in the White House, our lives as every day citizens of a country that had been brutally violated by terrorism; and the work she is doing in her current role as Honorary Ambassador for the United Nations Literacy Decade.
Mrs. Bush also talked about her work with breast cancer awareness, now including cervical cancer testing and treatment, both here and around the world.
Time to say good evening to one of my favorite First Ladies.  It looks as though she is looking right at us saying, "Good Bye!"

After leaving the program, we met up with Karla and the children and had a yummy dinner.  Thank you, Son, for a wonderful, and very memorable, evening.

Blessings,
Donna



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so glad you had a wonderful evening with your First Lady! It's awesome! Albert is really a wonderful son to manage a great seat for you to see her up so close!
    And, my dear friend, I will talk more in my next message, but I must say this, you look very very beautiful in the photo and Albert is such a very handsome man!!! I'm so happy to enjoy the photo of both of you!
    Take care and I'm sending much love,
    Your friend,
    Trang xoxoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete