Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Galaxy Stitch Scarf

When my friend, Stitch of Love, first posted the beautiful Galaxy Stitch Scarf for her dear Uncle, I knew I wanted to make one.  It was a new stitch for me, although I have been crocheting for many years.

My daughter in law received one I made for her birthday in February in a pattern I made up (can't get the photo to load, so I need to take another one!)  My son, who never asks for anything, said jokingly under his breath, "wish someone would make me a scarf." So, you know I just had to do it!  I made it and then before actually giving it to him, asked if he would like it longer - long story short - it's about 8 feet long.  He wanted to wear it doubled over and through the middle.

This is a beautiful stitch, and I used Caron Simply Soft yarn, so this is really soft and warm.  Happy Birthday, Albert!  A little late, but it is as long as two scarves!

I used this You Tube video from Teresa.  This woman is absolutely the best teacher by far for crocheting, knitting, beginner, intermediate, advanced, left hand and right hand. She is amazing.  If you love crocheting or knitting, please check her out.  A-MA-ZING!!!

Thanks for taking a peek.  God bless!
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Wow my friend!
    Your scarf turned out just great and looks so manly! Wonderful birthday gift! I really enjoyed the story in this post, very lovely!
    Thanks for referring to my blog, and I'm happy you found an inspiration with the scarf I learned from Teresa!
    Hope you have a glorious day!
    Much love,
    Lovestitch xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete