Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Monday, August 13, 2012

How I Spent My Summer Vacation - Part 1

Ahhh - remember going back to school and the first essay, story, paper - what ever your teacher called it - was "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" - remember way back when ? ? ? Well, I do!  I remember spending time with Granny and Baba, who I adored and spoiled me (just a little)!  And, the opportunity to go to the Girl Scouts 2 Mile Walk and Sleep Over in the 4th grade - my only childhood occasion to try, eat, eat, eat and eat smores!!  Oh, they were so good!!!  Two weeks camping in Yosemite and seeing the firefalls each night (yeah, I'm that old)! Or, how about, "What Good Books I Read During Summer Vacation?"  Are you kidding, reading books?  OK - I was one of those nerdy kids who did read - I loved to read, and still do!

So here's part 1 of "How I Spent My Summer Vacation."  My son and daughter in law took a 2 WEEK trip Spain and Italy!  How grand is that - OK no, I did not get to go - but I got something better - I got to spend the entire two weeks with my wee ones.  And, you all know how I love spending time with my grandchildren.  The oldest two are 22 and 19 this year, so grandparents aren't THAT important any more!  he he he - Actually, having two different sets of grandchildren has been kind sweet - best of both worlds I think.  I had quality time with the older boys when they were growing up (way too fast) and now these three (time is still going by too fast!!!)
Off to Camp!!

Week One - Isaac and Elise go off to camp.  This is a Christian Camp and it was up in the Sugar Pines area of Yosemite.  What a beautiful National Park (and Wonder of the World) it is. Look at these happy campers on the way to camp!



My Sweet Elise - Ready to Roll!









Isaac is ready - no I-pod, no computer, no X-Box - OH MY!!!







It's Me and You, Grandma!!

And, Little Missy, too young and Grandma's shadow!  She has her own post a few down helping me make Zucchini Bread!

You know how hard it is to get them in to the shower, get cleaned up and go to bed early - not a problem the first day home.  First things first - Isaac wanted to know what was for dinner!?  His favorite, Meatloaf!!  Of all of the things I cook, my sons and grandson always want a meatloaf when they're coming over for a few days

Here's the morning after they returned home!
Please - can I sleep a little bit more?

Do I have to get up, Grandma??


































Yes - of course Grandma let them sleep in longer, a lot longer, and did she have to get up - heck no!!

Guess having all that fun with Grandma was just so tiring for Little Missy!
Good Morning, Grandma!
Trust me when I say, Good morning did not mean, Okie Dokie I'm getting up with you!  I mean Cinderellie had a tough week, she had to eat lot of good food, played so hard with her Webkinz, played on brother's X-Box, watched movies with Grandma and ate lots of zucchini bread - that she made with her own two hands!!

Well, we'll be back in a day or two for "How I Spent My Summer Vacation -Part 2!"

Hope you are all enjoying what's left of your summer vacation!  Some have already gone back, some next week!  What ever happened to going back AFTER Labor Day????  Oh Yeah - - - I remember - - -

Blessings,
Donna 

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful summer vacation to me.
    Your grandkids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! What a great summer vacation! Thank you for making me smile with such a lovely post! :)
    Your grandchildren are all so precious, each of them looks just darling!! I'm so happy you enjoyed such a wonderful time and had tons of fun you together!
    Can't wait to enjoy your "Summer Vacation - part 2"! Hope to see some shots of Grandpa joining the fun! :)
    You have a happy day!
    Love & hugs,
    LS xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the grandchildren are super lucky to me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete