Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How I Spent My Summer Vacation ~ Part 2

So, for two weeks, the children and I did what Grandma's and grand kids do, I cooked, they ate and played.  When I have the opportunity to stay with them, I love to cook for them.  Like my own Granny, for me, cooking and feeding the family is my love to them, or for them, an expression of love you might say ~

So, I shopped before going over and had the opportunity to put up many items so when my daughter in law runs late with kids going here and there one night, or just needs some help one night - she can reach in and grab something already made - meatloaves (of course!), Minestrone Soup frozen in many sizes, Navy Bean and Ham Soup, in many sizes (so my daughter could grab a size for lunches for herself!), Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Parmesan, Zucchini Bread (sliced before freezing), lots of pancakes and waffles.  Just made double or triple the amounts of dinners I made for the children, then put up a family meal in a "Food Saver" bag - gotta love those!!

And then there were our family derelicts -
Lucy - THE DIGGER

The Digger - Lucy - who can dig a hole under the fence a be gone before I could run to the bathroom and get back to let her back in!  She found the muddiest place in the development to get full of mud before I found her!
Molly - THE FETCHER

Then there's Molly - yea, look at that face - but don't let her fool you - she waits for Lucy to dig out, and me to go running after Lucy - then comes in and makes that hole a bit bigger and takes a nice long walk!  When she a Lucy get out together, it's like herding cats!

Molly loves to play catch, too.  She runs after the ball and brings it and puts it right into my hands.  She was a great one to play with - but still - an escapee!
Scout - LOVES SCOUTY TREATS!

Last, but not least, Scout.  She's a boxer.  All muscle, but a tad lazy.  No fetching here, just "Snacks please" - can you see that question when she look at you, too?  So, since she never went under the fence to escape - extra treats for Scouty!

After two weeks away from my home, sleeping in my own bed feels marvelous!  Instead of the little arm, or little leg throwing over my body from the little octopus sleeping with me - I'm home sleeping next to my wonderful sweetie.  I sure love my wee ones, but I sure missed Grandpa!  Home to my garden, my birds, my home!

Home only two days - then a jaunt to the Los Angeles area for a DAR trip ~ which I will show you in my next post!

Til then, I hope this week is a marvelous one for all of you!  Have fun, stay cool, love on the kids and grand kids!

Blessings dear friends,
Hugs,
Donna

12 comments:

  1. There is no place like home for a good night's sleep.
    I think your daughter in law will appreciate all of the goodies you put in her freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I know she does. I love my daughter in law's as I would a daughter, I feel they are my daughters!

      Delete
  2. What a lucky daughter-in-law to have you stocking her freezer with good food!!!

    There is really nothing that beats sleeping in your own bed!!!!!!!!!
    Enjoy being home, even if it is brief :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word, Donna! You are a one woman wonder. Your daughter in law is one lucky girl!

    Laughed at the dog tales. Those faces are just too much.

    I'm glad you had a good time away and are now back in your own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some yummy food,gal! What a wonderful thing to do! I know it really blessed her! And I'm just like you! Getting away is fun, but I sure do miss Ran when I go, too!

    Hope your week is going well, sweetie!
    Hugs to you!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you had some fun sweetie...and just look at their butter wouldnt melt expressions.....you did make me chuckle a lovely read tooo hugs sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My freezer is kind of empty . . . Will you come over and fill it back up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna,

    You are such a sweetie! How nice of you to cook and help out your daughter-in-law. I'm available if you are looking to adopt ... lol. Gotta love Lucy, Molly and Scout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a good soul, Donna! But...I've already told you that so many times. You are such a good Mom ad Gramma! Blessings to you and get some rest!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had someone who filled up my freezer! I made mousaka yesterday, which is a lot of work. I prefer fixing meals that are ready in half an hour. My husband is the cook, who spend hours on making meals. He loves to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had lots of fun with your grandkids and your furry grandbabies! Love those doggy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a wonderful Mom and Grandma! You are so sweet to cook and fill up the freezer for your son's home, my sweet friend! I know how much she appreciated your love and help! Love the "brief introductions" about your dogs, they are just so cute!!!
    You take care and keep relaxing!!!
    Love and hugs,
    LS xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete