Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

While The Kids Were Away ~ ~ ~

OK, OK ~ This isn't what you thought by the title, but I couldn't help it!  It just fit!!!

So, I've shown you "How I Spent My Summer Vacation"  parts 1 & 2, and I had a really great time, most of the time - Didn't really like chasing dogs half asleep (me - not the dogs!)  because that was the best form of exercise, or for a good time first thing in the morning (because it wasn't!)  However, I loved taking care of the wee ones and cooking!

When Mom and Dad got home from their vacation, oh - did I mention they spent one week in Spain and one week in Italy?  Well, they did, and the photos they sent back were spectacular! The countryside in both countries was beautiful, the museums, the Cathedrals!  Magnificent!! Stunning photos, and even a few of them thrown in - and they are a handsome couple!  They were smart and took private tours and said it was worth every penny!  Best way to see a country, or even states, we're not familiar with!

Grandpa, for all his efforts - taking me shopping before I went, helping me pack, taking care of the house and garden in my absence, and missing me a lot (I missed him, too!) received these beautiful Italian Gloves!

And, The Glove Fits!!  Beautiful brown leather gloves, purchased in Italy!!

Sure will keep him warm in the cold weather of winter!

And, very nice for driving, too!

They took private tours of both the Sistine Chapel and saw the works of Michelangelo! Something I can only imagine and take that tour online!  They said it was MAGNIFICENT!!!  And, by taking the private tour, they saw things you wouldn't normally see - so if anyone is planning a trip to Italy, and you want to see it, they highly recommend paying the extra dollars for this tour.

When they spent time in the Vatican, they stopped in the Vatican Gift Shop and purchased my new Rosary and this beautiful box with the carving of the Virgin Mother and Baby Jesus.  I've had many Rosary's - I was given my Baba's 2, one that he prayed daily with, and a very large wooden one given to him by a Priest, and others that belonged to family elders.  But the only one I ever was given to me as mine personally was a plastic one given to me when I made my 1st Holy Communion and this one.  This is absolutely beautiful.  Many don't understand this as a beautiful object, Catholics not only see the beauty of it, but know the significance of it.  The box, when opened plays a tune I am unfamiliar with, I will ask a dear friend what it is.


I will keep these by my bedside always and thank my lovely daughter in law and son.  Thank you both so much, both mean a great deal to me!

That's it for this evening.

Blessings everyone!
Donna

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful gloves and rosary! Very thoughtful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice gloves and beautiful rosary. Sounds as if they had a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's great your son and his wonderful wife had a amazing trip! My sweetie and I also prefer a private tour to everywhere we can. The gloves for Grandpa looks great and the rosary for Grandma is so beautiful! What heartwarming gifts!
    Enjoy and have fun, my sweet friend!
    Love and hugs!
    LS xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful and beautiful gifts Donna. Wouldn't it be wonderful to visit those places? I would love to someday. Hope you are good.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a spectacular trip to take!!! Your rosary is beautiful and so is the lovely picture of Mother Mary with Jesus!!!
    I still have my rosary from my first communion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice presents you both got from Italy. I have my grandfahter's rosery. The one I got for my 1st communion is long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gloves are really beautiful and I love the rosary. Wonderful gifts indeed!

    Have a sunny day!

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely, my friend! As you say your prayers these will slip through your fingers and remind you of the deep love of family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness what lovely gloves and beautiful rosary - you have been very spoilt indeed and so deserved!
    Now Donna you must come on over and put yourself in my Giveaway if you would like as time is almost up.
    Have a great day today!
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet blessings, Donna! I know they will bring you joy!!
    Hope you're having a lovely week!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I'd just say hi, Donna. There is this real creative Christmas blog, juleblogg, Sjarmerende jul (Charming Christmas), and I noticed your comment there.

    http://sjarmerendejul.blogspot.fr/2012/01/nytt-ar.html

    This blog is a gem of creativity and charm! I wrote an answer to you there, and since there are so many blogs around, sometimes you forget to return to the ones you discover, so just a reminder:)

    Have a great Sunday!

    A Guest at Sjarmerende jul

    ReplyDelete
  12. Υπέροχα όλα!Ειδικά το ροζάριο καταπληκτικό!Φιλάκια και καλό φθινόπωρο!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donna,

    Wow, what a gorgeous Rosary and beautiful box of the Virgin Mother and Baby Jesus. Keepsake to pass down to your grandchildren. I bet your hubby will love those Italian gloves. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Donna! Have some time to visit bloggy friends, so I thought I'd pop by and say hi! You haven't posted in awhile! Hope everything is all right, and that you're just enjoying the onset of Fall.

    Hugs and joy to you!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Donna,

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete