Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Thursday, July 26, 2012

In The Kitchen With Wee One

Grandma's and granddaughters in the kitchen ~ is there anything better to hand down in a family but home made love from the kitchen?  I loved being with my Granny, and I love when my girls want to help!

While mom and dad are vacationing in Europe, we are with the children.  The two older children actually went off to camp this week, so Wee One and I have had a blast 'just hanging out' and having a great old time!

You all know one of my favorite things to do is creating in the kitchen, and I've shown you bits and pieces of our garden.  One of the kids, big and little kids, favorites is Grandma's special recipe of Zucchini Bread.  Here's the first bread sized zucchini from our garden!

This guy came in at 4 pounds 9.75 ounces!  And it made a total of 6 loaves of bread, 12 cups total of shredded zucchini!  And, this little gal helped with the entire process ~

Cleaning this guy up ~

Shredding ~

Stirring ~

Measuring the dry ingredients (yea, we got a little goofy!)

OK - we added the zucchini and dry ingredients - then got serious - "hey, Grandma, doesn't this look like zucchini puke?"  Yea, maybe we got a little goofier!

We stirred, stirred, stirred, never even complained once, not even spilling a drop on the floor, t-shirt, a girl after my own heart!

Then she looked at me very serious and said, "remember what the special ingredient is?"  'Yes, I do ~ do you?'  "Yep, stir in my love with my finger!"

I've always told the kids is my secret ingredient is love, by sticking my finger in and giving the recipe a good stir!   


6 yummy loaves of bread, with lots of love in them, and a great time in the kitchen!  Being a grandma is one of the most precious things God blessed me with ~ 5 wonderful grandchildren!

Blessings to all,
Donna

10 comments:

  1. great piccis isnt she lovely.....just like her gran...id love to spend more time with mine but work just gets in the way ...love sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie! I love the fun and love you two shared in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post and the fun you shared with your granddaughter making the bread is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet words and pictures. Darling little girl. Keep stirring in your love! Grandchildren are precious gifts!
    Share recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so fun cooking with the grandkids!! My grandson loves to help, so funny... I just bought zucchini at the farmers market and did the same thing, make zucchini bread :) I love how you added the special ingredient - stir in love with your finger. Great idea. I always tell my kids and grandkids that the special ingedient is love, but never thought of stirring it in with my finger. May have to steal that idea :)

    Have a beautiful weekend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post, Donna. She is just a beautiful little girl. You can see the love just shining through her. LOVE your secret ingredient...I many have to steal...er...borrow...that idea. Blessings to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun and I bet the bread is going to be delicious especially because your pretty grand daughter stirred in some love..

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely little girl. She looks so proud, having made the bread. And with the secret ingredient I'm sure it tastes delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds as if you had such fun! That's what makes wonderful memories! You go grandma!!
    Bet the bread was delicious too! I'd love to have helped you stir in a little love!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! Can see how much fun you had together! What a wonderful cooking day to both of you! She looks so enjoyable and professional, I believe she will be great at cooking, as much as her sweet grandma! How precious - she is such a cutie! The secret ingredient worked very well, as your bread looks so delicious!! :)
    Have a gorgeous day, my dear friend!
    Hugs, LS
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete