Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New Birthday Card For Our Dear Friend!

This card started out as a 12x12" piece of K & Company card stock.  I cut 3" on the top off, folded it in half, then covered the bird with Glossy Accents.  It already came glittered and had a bit of resist on the bird and the floral design, but wanted more on the bird.



Next I took Wild Honey Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) and inked up the entire front of the card and love the way the ink resisted the bird and design!







I had to use some of my new Magnolia flowers I just received from Wild Orchard Flowers!  They are really beautiful! Glued a leaf around each one, made a little birdie nest with two baby birds looking for Mama (and dinner) matched a piece of Bazzill card stock that matched perfectly to the ink (I always ink up the sides all around my cards, too.)   





I used embroidery thread to thread a tag I had a friend make for me and cut on top and bottom of the beak so it looks as if the bird is actually holding it in her beak!  Always need a bit of ribbon, but on the neutral side.  Lined the card with another piece of card stock to insert our personal Happy Birthday message for a dear friend!

Even Mama bird knows we need to teach our young ones, "Life Is Sweet!"  Happy Birthday, Jan, for making our lives a bit sweeter, just by knowing you!

Tomorrow I'd love to show you a card I'm finishing up for our doctor.  I also have something special I'm working on for a DAR Sister who injured herself, broke her ankle and now in a rehab facility - Ouch!

Hugs,
Donna

7 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    Love your bird card and all the flowers and details you added to it. Your friend will be sure to love it.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your dear friend! :)
    The Birthday card you made is so beautiful! I love the cute birdie and every little detail on it. She will absolutely love it!
    Hugs, LS xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love flowers and birds and love your card! I'm sure your friend will love the beauty and amazing detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your friend. She is going to LOVE the beautiful card you created just for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your friend!! The card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Donna! Love that glittered bird and your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh-It is just beautiful. ALL your cards are beautiful-I am lucky enough to know that first hand- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete