Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Our Good Friends!

I made this special Anniversary Memory Book for very special friends.
This black paper was hand made by a local artisan who no longer does this, but it is beautiful and has silver embossments.  I made the flowers with coffee filters and put red stickles on the edges.  Pearl sprays, white feathers
and tons of fibers and ribbons,
which I love! 
I save or make all kinds of little trinkets all the time, like the hearts - I found an easy pattern using embroidery floss, which I have a ton of from a garage sale, and of course, while I do not embroider, I figured, " might need these for something!"  These are of course crocheted!  I made them about a year ago and they've been waiting for a project!  A pearl in the middle and - pretty darn cute!  Two small, one large!
I made tag pockets throughout the project on each page, photos or journaling can be added! 
I also love recycling toilet paper tubes for pockets in small scrap book albums.  The are easy peasy to make, cover, embellish and the perfect size for a tag!



This page came out adorable!  The little watch is a broken Christmas ornament which I covered with a nice clock face, adhered to a pocket, with tags "forgotten memories" and "key to the past" with another pocket!
Next two pages are a map of the US - right side, both growing up on the East coast, the tags outside the pocket are "family" near Pennsylvania where she was born, and a "Cleveland Indians" logo near where he was born in Ohio.  The Home Sweet Home and a crocheted "Monarch" Butterfly on the left side where they now reside on the West Coast in Pacific Grove - the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary.

Another toilet paper tube, covered, embellished and used for tags.  Such an easy way to add both decorations and tags. 
My favorite two pages.  I used old dictionary printed paper and all of the words relivent to their lives I highlighted, "memory," "love," "family," ...

 added wild roses and green bead strands, pockets stuffed with tags and a person sentiment from  us.


This couple is very special to us,  and our wish for their anniversary is they live
"HAPPILY EVER AFTER!"

Thanks for taking a peek at my special Anniversary Scrapbook!
Blessings,
Donna

9 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so pretty. They are going to be so thrilled with your beautiful memory book for them! Could you show us how you make the toliet paper roll pockets some time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to do a tutorial on how to do the toilet papers pockets and how to use them for small pocket albums, too! I will work on a video and have it up on the weekend!

      Thanks for asking, Jill! It is so much fun and so easy to do!!

      Blessings,
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Hi Donna. The scrapbook you made for your friends is wonderful. So many pretty details and interesting things to look at on every page. I am sure that your friends will treasure such a thoughtful and personal gift. Thanks for sharing it.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna- WHAT A GORGEOUS booklet! OMGOSH! Your friend will be just thrilled! What a labor of love that is! You are one of the most loving, giving people I have ever met, Donna. Blessings to you. xo Diana ps. Those little hearts are just adorable. Love them! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Donna,
    Your work is incredible!!! Love it, thank you for sharing

    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Donna
    What an absolutely gorgeous memory book for your friends! They will be so delighted to receive such a labour of love from your hands with so many beautiful additions including tags, flowers, hearts etc.
    Just gorgeous!
    Thank you dear friend for always leaving such lovely comments on my blog. I see you have a similar handmade paper look as a background for your blog too.
    Have a wonderful day full of joy and blessings,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! What a gorgeous album!!! You did an outstanding job, so many beautiful details.
    What a treasured gift to get, your friends are blessed and I am sure will hold this very dear to their hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Donna! This is completely fabulous! Your friends will adore it!! I thought it was so perfect and then when I saw the cover, I gasped--it is exquisite--and such a treasure.
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable!!! My sweet friend, your album is definitely WONDERFUL!!! Your friends will treasure the very precious gift you made for them! I believe you touched their hearts! Such a wonderful and loving friend you are!!!
    With much love,
    LS xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete