Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Friday, March 30, 2012

I Love Making Cards ~

I really love making my own cards.  Whether for birthday or holidays, it's so much nicer to make some "just for the special person" I am mailing it to.

A special friend of ours has had trouble with his eyes and without going through all of the details, it's made it difficult for him to see.  He feels the details of my cards with his fingers.  This is something I love doing anyway, but when it means something special to a friend, well the significance is even greater.
I used a K&Company "Brenda Walton Designer Paper" pad, this particular sheet of paper was a duplicate of the front cover of the pad.  I cut out the matching butterfly and flowers, used Glossy Accents on them, popped them up and gave them some definition.  The butterfly also has the glossy accents, but I only glued the middle of the butterfly.  I folded the wings before putting on the glossy accents. 
Some of the new paper pads are double sided, seemingly better for color coordination.  Do you ever make your sentiments personal, instead of just stamping on paper?  Using vellum, leaves a crisp message and you can see through to the paper!  I run it through my Xyron and it really looks nice!
 
All I did with the Aristotle quote is outline it, as it was already printed on the opposite side of the paper!  Instant embellishment!

The matching flowers were cut out, triple matted, popped up and put on the inside as well!
Thanks for taking a peek, I wish you all a wonderful weekend and the beginning of Holy Week.

Many blessings,
Donna

15 comments:

  1. WOW! Donna...that is gorgeous! I love everything about it. I got teary eyed hearing about your friend. He will so enjoy your art! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna- You do a beautiful job with your cards. It is the one thing I have never tried..and I think I have tried MOST crafts...lol Well, that and I don't crochet or knit either! sigh....

    What a wonderful thing to send to your friend. There are not many cards that he can enjoy so to be able to "feel" a message makes it very special. Blessings to you- long week here and I will be glad when Monday rolls around. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Donna!!!!!
    I'm sure your friend will love it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and how beautiful that your friend can feel the details of your cards and see how much love is put into them! I'm a former Stampin' Up demo and still stamp and make cards for pleasure -- you're right -- personal touches are so much better than store-bought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    what a kind and thoughtful thing to do for someone.
    Not only are your cards beautiuful, I am more than sure they are very appreciated too.
    I hope you have a wonderful week, and thanks so much for dropping by,
    Char

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Char!

      Blessings for a wonderful Easter,
      Donna

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful card! It's really a wonderful gift from the heart of a loving friend. You are so sweet and thoughtful, my dear friend! I'm sure he will not only feel the details, but he feels your heart also!
    I hope you had a happy weekend and start a new week wonderfully!
    Lots of love,
    LS xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful Donna! What a sweet gift....I love and treasure anything homemade. Wishing you a wonderful week as well and a Happy Easter, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Donna,
    I just wanted to come in and wish you and yours a Happy Easter.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna, I absolutely adore this card and the love you put into it for your friend. Its really and truly beautiful.
    Thanks too for your lovely comment on my blog and yes i would LOVE to have your gorgeous old photo's/postcards. I love to work with new ones so much.
    Hoping your midweek is lovely and you are well my friend
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is gorgeous! So much dimension! And how sweet you made it for your friend. You are awesome!!
    I prefer writing my own sentiment, but do use a ton of pre made sentiments. As long as it's from your heart, it doesn't matter, right????
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna, this is so pretty. What a special treat to receive such a sweet gift. Hand made gifts are THE BEST! I pray that you have a beautiful Easter! Just stopping by to say hello.
    If you are still interested in guest posting tomorrow, let me know. I'm getting ready to leave for Mayo Clinic.
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is simply wonderful! The detail and colors are totally amazing. I'm sure your friend will love it!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely gorgeous and I adore the butterfly!!!! It's so perfect!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete