Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Monday, May 21, 2012

My Secret Dove Arrived All The Way From Vietnam!

I have a made some of the most wonderful friends here in Blogland. I met Love Stitch early on in my blogging and she and I have become such very good friends.  You all may remember, about a year ago, her father had a horrible stroke and the recovery was grim. Both LS and I believe it was all of prayers offered by our friends in Blogland all over the world who prayed for him, for his health and determination to get well, that brought the miraculous healing to her wonderful father.

Many months ago, I sent to her a package of items I felt she might enjoy, bring her a bit of happiness and joy, and kindness from across the Pacific Ocean.  We lovingly call it our "Dove."  She sent it back to me last week or so and when I received the knock at the door from the Post Man this morning, I said, "I hope this is my Dove from Vietnam!!"  He looked and sure enough - there was our Dove!
I felt like a little girl, jumping up and down, ran and got the scissors out and opened it up - I'd love to share these heartfelt and hand made gifts that LS sent to me that she made herself!
I was so excited!  I knew she had made some very special items because she asked me about colors, but I had no idea it would be this much!  LS is self taught in all of the crafts and sewing I will be sharing with you!



This is the very first hand made card she has ever made!  LS, you did such a lovely job on this and I will treasure this forever! The note she wrote is a very special message and is all hand written to me!  And, on the very last page, oh my goodness, look at this beautiful hand crocheted heart with a motif in the center.  This is crafted with a thin cotton thread, like we use to make doilies!

Hand embroidered handkerchief.


She made me this beautiful Cowl (knitted I believe) scarf to wear when the winters get icy cold again - and I just adore the colors, the design, the softness of the yarn!  I wish you could each reach in and touch it ~ it is so soft and so beautiful!
Enclosed was this beautiful ruffled scarf, also made for me - it feels like cotton - so soft and will be perfect for adding to our cool Spring or even Autumn evenings as just a neck wrap.  The detail is gorgeous!

Three cute bookmarks hand made in Vietnam!  They are beautiful!


A total surprise was this cap for my Sweetie!  He was so touched my LS's generosity and love!  It is knitted and is very soft!  And, while it has a design, it is very manly!


Can you believe this small Dove has no bottom!  Gift after precious gift, kept appearing!  This is a set of four absolutely wonderful dish clothes!  And, look closely at the ribbon - it too is hand crocheted!
This scarf is the most special to me!  First, they are my favorite colors!  Pinks and Lavender, Purples, just love, love, love the colors.  This was a very exquisite skein of yarn, very expensive, I know, because I gifted it to her.  LS, living where she does, doesn't have the same opportunities for shopping for the multitudes of yarns and threads we do, so I sent this as a special gift to her.  What a wonderful thing she has done, to turn around and make something just for me and send it back with all of the love it took to make it.  LS~I will treasure this forever and think of you with love every time I wrap it around my neck!

So, all of these gifts flew across the Pacific Ocean from Vietnam to California, United States.  Each item made with love for a friend.  I have already started my Dove going back to Vietnam in a couple of months.
Each one of these crafts she has taught herself - crochet, knitting, embroidery and now paper crafting.  This young woman is so beautiful inside and out.  We have become such wonderful friends.  If you have a moment to visit her, please do ~ compliment a self taught Artisan on the beautiful items she has made.  She goes by Love Stitch - there's love in every stitch, too!

Thank you all for taking a peak at my gifts of love.  And, Love Stitch, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your generosity and love.  You are an amazing woman.  May God continue his blessings upon you, my friend!

Love,
Donna

7 comments:

  1. My sweet friend!
    I have tears in my eyes reading your kind words... Thank you ever so much for your thoughtfulness, my dear friend!

    I'm more than happy you like the stuff I made especially for you, that's such a wonderful gift turning back to me! Oh you know, they look so beautiful on you, much more than I expected!

    I treasure our friendship and I hope it has no end. May God continue his blessings on you too, my wonderful friend!!!
    Much love,
    LS xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is beautiful as are the gifts you received in the Dove. I know first hand how wonderful our blogging friends are. They have been there with me through happiness and heartbreak since 2005. I have met several of them in person. I hope that someday you are able to meet this lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you call your packages Dove. It's so fitting! Your friend is very talented and has given you such beautiful gifts. I can feel the love in each beautiful piece. I will be sure to visit her blog. Thank you for sharing. You look beautiful, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna- What wonderful, wonderful presents from your sweet friend. You know, you are such a giving, loving friend and person that people want to give back to you. I feel like I fall far short in the friendship we share. You are SOOO good to others.

    I, too, believe in the power of prayer and I am sure that played a big part in her Dad's recovery. I am saying a prayer for you and your wonderful spirit today- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,
    What special and beautiful gifts your sweet friend sent you. I love that you called the package a dove. Thoughtful and handmade gifts flew from so far away into your hands. Blog friends can become such good friends and how nice that you are both praying for each other. I love the picture of you modeling one of your new scarves. You are beautiful!

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are truly blessed to have met such a wonderful, kind, thoughtful, creative person!!!!!
    It is so special to have made this dear friendship across the ocean. Enjoy all your treasures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I met you through Pembrokeshire, (love to say and write that name!). Your Dove gift is a treasure . . . What a lovely friend deed . . . and idea to call it a Dove gift . . .

    ReplyDelete