Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Honey, I'm Home! What's For Dinner?

Oh my gosh, got home too late last night for dinner.  Had a light bite to eat and then laid down for a bit and I was out like a light!  This morning I didn't wake up until 11:20 am - can you believe it!!??  No little arms or legs flopping all over me all night, all cozy in my nice bed.  How is it our bodies know when we're home?  I don't know, but mine knew last night and I slept like a rock!!

Friday, Karla got the children up early and they all went to Yosemite with family from out of town ~
Leila with Mrs. Whiskers and a dog  are ready to go!
And Elise putting a tail on her animal cap!
Big smile and a nap on the road for our Isaac!
I'm sure they had a lovely day, home with mom later, before off the next day for a bid weekend in SoCal at the Amusement Parks! Lovely to entertain!

What's that I hear???  Drat - no little voices, no needing drinks or dinner, sure do miss them after we leave each others company.  But, I'm home with my Sweetie, and we keep each other company.  The best thing??  I'll be back with them when mom and dad go on vacation and stay with them for two weeks!

Thank you all for your comments regarding Jill's Sneaky Momma's tutorial blog!  She's great.  I know we have many friends that have tutorials, and we thank all of you too.  But, this gal has really taken a lot of time organizing and putting up tutorials for those of us who (hate to say it this way) are like beginning, beginners!  That's me.  And, from some of the comments I've gotten, some of my friends have enjoyed the plain English and the pictorial images she uses.

Bought more plants today - oh yeah - more gardening!  And, we followed the instructions on mixing to soil additives for the plants in the ground we planted the last couple of weeks from a gardening expert at the Nursery, only to find it's burning them and we need to dig them up yet one more time - three times now - so this should do it, don't you think!?  So, that's our Sunday!  Hope you all had a happy Saturday and enjoy the day tomorrow!

Hugs to you all,
Donna

9 comments:

  1. good morning my sweet lady...so nice to have your own bed...happy you had a great ime with the ankle nippers(small children.. to me)lol!!! and they will miss you till you next stay...wish i could spend more time with my little ones but distance and health not good at the moment although my son and his dughter my little Jessica poppped in on their way back from Torquay..she been staying at her mums..but she lives full time with my son and his new family in Bradford...Long story...but was so nice to see them for a while..cheered me up a bit..hope you enjoy Pottering around the garden hope your flowers/plants perk up this time i could do with a pick me up too!!! have a lovely sunday from a a sunny yet chilly..and in parts slightly damp and wet uk...loves yer sassyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing . . . NOTHING . . . like my own bed, quiet, sleep. BUT, cuddles and fun with the grands is worth less sleep! And two weeks coming up. After that and getting back home you'll sleep for 48 hours straight!

    That Sneaky Momma gal is GOOD . . . I gave her a special icon on my iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Repeat after me, "There is no place like home, there is no place like home." I so agree with you, it is wonderful being with family or on vacation but it is so nice to get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! Your grandschildren are all so adorable! I'm so glad you had a good time. Just like you, I am sure they are counting the days until you return! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I didn't have my computer with me over the weekend so I missed this lovely post! So happy you were home after having great time with your cuties - they must miss sweet Grandma so much!
    Enjoy being home with your sweetie!!!
    Have a wonderful new week!
    Love, LS xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet Donna,
    I wanted to let you know that I mailed out your book today.
    Happy reading!
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna..
    So glad that you are home and resting up!
    You'll need that energy in a few weeks.

    I feel your pain for the plants.
    We've planted our veggie garden 3 times, and it froze again on Sunday morning.

    Sure makes it hard to be a gardener ~~~LOL!!

    I need to check out the site that you mentioned ... I've never heard of it.

    Have a great week!!

    Smiles :)
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna,

    Guess you better rest up for the next round. :) Your grandchildren look great.

    Thanks again for the info about Jill Sneaky Momma site. I have learned how to do 4 new things there. That are on my blogs. :) YAYYY me.

    Have a great week. Take care, Janet W
    http://throughthewoods2.blogspot.com
    http://bearcountryprimitives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I don't think I've slept that late since I was a teenager, LOL!!!!

    You must have needed the rest after your fun visit with you sweet little ones!

    ReplyDelete