Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Monday, June 4, 2012

Freaky Windstorm Blew Right Through!!

Hi All!  Oh my gosh, with all that we've been doing, I haven't had time to post a blog in 5 days!  Some have written to see if I'm well - Thank you so much for your messages of concern!   There's so many wonderful friends here in blogland!  Sometimes you overwhelm me when I think of how much love there is between us, checking up on each other when we don't hear from our bloggy friends.  Thank you all so very much!

Finished up with my doctor visits (just my regular visit) dentist, bone grafting taking it's time and eye doctor, need new glasses, got most of the plants actually planted or replanted, as the case may have been, pots repainted and touched up, and lots of reading on my DAR involvement, which always turns out to be more than we originally planned!!

So, chores done that could be done, and now, here I am at the new house with our wee ones.  I had planned on taking a lot of pictures of the new house today with the children, but we had company - a Freaky Wind Storm blew in and here's a few pictures of before and after ~
During windstorm
After dust settled!
Oh my gosh!  As you can imagine, as soon as the wind started up and the dust was flying, we ran through the house getting the all the windows closed and put the dogs in the garage!

These were taken through a glass window.  So if it appears to be a bit glare, there is!

These two of the back yard.






Side fence and trees of neighbors.
After the dust and wind!



Really blowing like crazy - we could barely see the trees and it's not that far!

The back yard is about 1/2 acre, so you can imagine how much dust was flying!


On these last two photos these workers looked as though they might be debating whether or no to get down and finish later when the wind stopped.

They did wait - and they did finish!  Look at the difference in the trees
in the background!  Wow!


Couldn't decide to finish or get down!
What a difference after the dust settled!
Just 1/2 hour north of us, in the Fresno area, it rained so hard and fast, the streets flooded.  This storm blew in and out in less than 4 or 5 hours, by the reports, they made it seem like days.

I will be here for 4 more days, so I have lots of time to get my photo and Grandma fix in!!  I love being with the children, and I know many of you know what I mean!  We're like the motto of the Post Office years ago, Through wind, rain, sleet or snow, we'll be there with those wee ones when ever, what ever!!


Have a great new week!  Be back tomorrow with more photos!

My love to you all!
Blessings,
Donna

6 comments:

  1. Very happy you are okay . . . I have been in high wind, nothing like what this storm looks like it brought in.

    Looking forward to your grandma photos . . . Enjoy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I am so thankful you are OK. What a nasty storm. Go glad that all if well now. *HUGS*

    I look forward to more photos and updates as time allows. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are back. You were missed.

    I have seen one dust storm in my lifetime and once was enough. Very frightening and every bit as dangerous as a blizzard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, we had huge winds here yesterday!!! Crazy!

    Nice to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to write and catch up with you, Donna. I have been just swamped, as you have. What an awful storm. I have never seen a dust storm. ugh....off to pick up SweetCheeks and then fix dinner for new Mom/Dad as they get through that first week of "new baby at home". Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are ok and the winds have calmed down. I bet it was so nice to see the kids and love on them. Nice to see you back on your blog.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete