Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Just A Couple Of Cards - - -

Some times I need a card in a hurry. I like to keep a stash of cards I make myself.  All I have to then is print up a sentiment on a piece of paper, or vellum (my favorite), stick it down and Tad-ah!  All done!

But, when I need one for an extra special person or occasion, then it's back the table!


I need a little of this - yep, a few little fluffy feathers!

A piece of lace ~

A pretty flower ~

Some beads ~

Paper, oh, let's use two colors, some glue, ink the edges - always love that! 
OK, where's the cute little butterfly?
Perfect! Colors look great!

Now for some glue, some tape and some time - mix all together - Wow, this looks just fine!

OK, OK ~ a little cheesy maybe - the inside was much better.  This was for a Grand Dame, one of my fellow Daughters of the American Revolution sisters, just as an appreciation for all of the work she has done, along with her sister,  for the last 30+ years!  

This one is for her sister, who is our worker bee - well - she's 10 worker bee's all rolled in to one, that's for sure!  Actually, she brought her sister in to the organization!  How old are they, you ask?  Her sister, the Grand Dame will say, "Well, Dear, you never ask a lady her age, don't you know?  But if you must, I'll be 28 or so again this year!"
Ribbon with little flowers, a string of pearls, a rosette of lace to house roses and leaves, inked on the edges, and a personalized sentiment in side as I did for her sister.  These women are special to all of us in our El Paso de Robles Chapter, NSDAR.  

If any one is ever interested in finding out if the are related to an American Revolutionary soldier, nurse, supplier (and many others) and is interested in joining this elite organization, send me an email.  I would help you get in touch with someone in your area who would gladly speak with you.  It's a lot of hard work to prove your heritage, but very satisfying and rewarding once completing the work!

The weekend is upon us already!  Tomorrow is Friday!  I hope you all have a wonderful few days planned!  What ever you do, be safe and have lots of fun!  I know I will!!

Hugs and blessings,
Donna

8 comments:

  1. Wow, another DAR person. I am eligible since I do have an ancestor who was in the Revolutionary War. I have been in contact with a local chapter and even went to one meeting. I began the process of documentation and then got a little overwhelmed with it, I'm afraid, so things have not progressed, but becoming an official, documented DAR member is a goal I do have...Bucket List. My daughters are also interested in joining some day. Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use blank card stock with just pictures but you have given me so many ideas! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card Gifts . . . hand made . . . just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. two amazing cards made with a recipe of love..cant get better than that..perfection love sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gosh, my sweet friend, every time you show us your work, I know it's wonderful! What a talented lady you are!!!
    Your cards are not only beautiful, they are precious and special with the love you put inside!!!
    Have a happy Friday and a fabulous weekend ahead!
    Much love and hugs,
    LS xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are very pretty!! Such a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! I don't think it's cheesy at all, I think it's beautiful!!!!!
    Great job :)

    I am heading out today on a cruise to Alaska with my Mom and My sister, I'll get back with you when I return on July 3rd!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty cards Donna. I am sure the ladies will appreciate the love and work that goes into these handmade lovelies. Hope you have a beautiful day.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete