Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Friday, January 6, 2012

Looking Forward To Good Sales ~ ~

Oh my gosh, just ran my maps and info sheets for tomorrow's outing with my partner in bargaining!  She does all the driving, I do the navigating.  I'm teaching her the art of negotiating, haggling, wheeling and dealing, dickering - good old fashioned bargaining.  My kids tease me, because if there isn't a price on it depending on what it is, I ask Quarter?  Dollar?  And on up, depending on the item!  You wouldn't believe some of the deals I've come home with for practally nothing!

Strangely enough, there are a ton of Estate Sales and Moving/Garage Sales going on this weekend - YEAH!!  Many are starting late tomorrow, 8 am and the Estate Sales at 9 am.  OK with us because it means an extra couple of minutes to sleep and a few extra degrees to warm those sidewalks and driveways.  Nothing worse than icy concrete!

We're really excited because it's been a few weeks because of the holidays.  Stores didn't have much in the way of sales, so that was kind of a bust.  That's one of the things about living in a small town.  But, hey, if that's all there is to complain about, boy - we're doing pretty darn good!  (Doing pretty darn good anyway you look at it!  he he he!)

Wish us luck!  I hope to post lots of goodies here tomorrow evening!  One of the Estate Sales is advertising lots material, laces and such - woo hoo!  Hope there's some there when we arrive!

What ever you are doing this weekend, have fun, be blessed!
Donna

6 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    Oh gosh, this sounds like it's going to be quite an adventure!!! I hope you have a fabulous time, my friend!!!! xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what treasures you come home with!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have the best time ever finding those deals. I look forward to seeing what you come home with,
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,
    I popped over to see if you had luck finding awesome stuff today! lol I hope it was fun!!! XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a ball and scored a bunch of bargains....or are you still shopping?;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you find lots of neat treasures!!!!

    ReplyDelete