Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dear Karla ...

My sweet daughter in law will be celebrating her 34th birthday on February 2.  I thought I'd make her a card, I know she will love and appreciate it so much!
She wears blouses with jackets, so I thought I'd replicate the card with a lapel, an "open collar" and buttons down the sides using the light, lime green half pearls.  I also used pop dots under the turned down open collar to give it lift.

The lace at the bottom of the card, matches the backing of the flower.
I made the flower using coffee fliters, glimmermist and just a bit of glitter around the sides.  The other emblishments are a chain, a key cross, matching ribbon, and some gem and pearl strands I picked up at an Estate sale.  The back of the tag I used for a personal birthday message.
This does fit in my large maling envelope (Invitation Envelope).  I like to make sure for future reference, I can duplicate my cards, I would add bubble wrap, a bit of extra tape and of course extra postage!

Happy Birthday, Karla!
Love,
Grandma

14 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a gorgeous, beautiful, very special piece of art, Donna!! She will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is a gorgeous card, Donna!!! Karla will LOVE it!!! It is so detailed--AMAZING!!!! I hope she has a Happy Birthday!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is gorgeous!!
    The tag inside is beautiful and so sweet! She can carry it with her!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna- That is just a beautiful piece. What a lucky girl to get that card. You are one talented gal and I know that was a labor of love. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card is lovely Donna. I love all the details. She will be sure to treasure it.

    blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my dear friend,
    This card is fantastic!!! She can feel how much love you have for her! You are so talented, so sweet, so creative,...! Wonderful Grandma! Karla will have a very Happy Birthday for sure!!!
    Much love,
    LS xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card!!!!
    You are so talented, she will love it!!!
    Enjoy your weekend
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Donna, you did it!!! See how easy it was to link up? Now you are an "old pro" at it! lol Thanks SO much for joining the party!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an amazing card. I love the gem and pearl strands. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what an absolutely BEAUTIFUL Card, you certainly have a Talent for Styling amazing Cards that will be 'keepers' and Cherished by the recipients! And Happy Birthday to Karla from the Land Of Blog!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful, so special and will be so treasured.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I did get your comments!
    This is a gorgeous card! I'm gonna trade you...you can borrow my mini heart pillow design and I am going to borrow this card design! I love it!
    Hugs!
    CarolS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sure that Karla with love her card as it is also made with a lot of love, thanks for sharing, Maureen

    ReplyDelete