Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Monday, December 19, 2011

I'm Back Up And Running - - But To Where?

Oh my gosh, what a fast few days it has been!  I wrote to a friend, it's like being in the midst of a tornado, hurricane and blizzard all at one time right now!

First, my new computer is lovely.  Screaming fast, 17" but can't get my pictures to load on my blog.  Tried using the old computer and sending it to a shared folder, looked promising - but nope!  No go!  So ~ here I sit, 100 new photos to play with and not a one to show you!

When I left last Thursday to visit with my son and his family, I was going to celebrate the youngest of our wee one's birthday who turned 6 on Friday.  We were also blessed to see both granddaughters in their Christmas Programs.  So cute at this age!  We grandparents are so very proud when our grandchildren perform!

I brought them home with me Saturday evening, and this is the first opportunity I've had to sit at the computer!  I know all of the Grandmas who are reading this understand what I mean!  But, we've settled in, have our routines down and on to the business at hand - cookie making!  Tomorrow we want to do sugar cookies and decorate them with colored icings and sprinkles!

Thank all of you for your lovely messages and concern for my health while I was quiet last week ~ blogging friends are the kindest!   I promise I will be answering all of my emails in the next 2 days!  And, welcome to my newest followers - I love you've joined me and will be writing to you shortly!

My Sweetie is working on the photo issue, and, hopefully I will have many to share with you tomorrow or Wednesday (depending on when I'm actually able to get back to the computer with 15 minutes to spare!) 

Congratulations to our friend and blogging Sister, Cindy Adkins, for reaching Amazon's Best Seller List with 3 of her books!  Yeah, Cindy!  If you haven't read her books, you are really missing out on some great reading.  And, they are books you can download and read on your computer!  How great and convenient is that!?  If you haven't already looked at Cindy's blog, please do, she is an amazing person, fantastic artist and an inspiration to all of us. 

Safe travels, happy shopping, enjoy family and friends, but most of all ~ much love and blessings to all!

"Grandma!!!"  "I'm coming!"

Hugs,
Donna


7 comments:

  1. I can just hear and see the joy radiating from your house! :) So glad you're feeling better.

    Check out my blog...I have something there for you.

    Have a wonderful time cookie making today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post ...thank you so much for sharing...happy holidays..God bless you..soraya

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you are feeling better. Good luck with your photos. Doing a bit of last minute Christmas baking today.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear that you love/hate your new computer!;>) I hate when it works perfectly but I can't get it to do what I want-lol

    A very Merry Christmas to you- I am so glad you could spend some time with your kids for birthday and programs. That's what makes the season bright! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandkids are the absolute best thing, aren't they?
    Mine bring sooooo much joy to my life.

    I hate when our computers don;t want to cooperate with us :(.

    I've been doing some baking also, made cranberry nut breads and fudge today. Tomorrow is some more, yes more, snowballs and apricot crescent cookies.

    Have a very Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna,
    Oh my gosh--you are so sweet--Thank you so much for posting this! I am sooo surprised!

    I am glad that you are feeling better--and I hope you had a wonderful visit with your grandchildren--that is so special!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Soraya! You are so kind to leave a message! Would you email me at the address noted here on my blog? That would be so nice!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete