Cuckoo Buds 3 Column

Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Lasting Gift

I can finally post this picture of the afghan I made for my Son and Daughter in Law. We will be celebrating Christmas this evening with them and our wee ones, and I can hardly wait for them to open this.


I started one for them over a year ago and it just never came together right, and I couldn't get my mind in to it to figure it out. I prayed over the situation and finally figured out what was wrong. These are their colors ~ they love the warm tones, I on the other hand like cool tones and the first one had bright summer and winter colors, yellow, pink, lavender ~ you get the picture. This one is sage, with a warm brown and a matching variegated color. 

Afghans are something I truly enjoy working on.  I almost always have one in the works, and I already have the yarn for my next project!
 
Thanks for taking a peak!  I'll show an "after" photo later this evening or tomorrow!  I can't wait to see their faces!
 
Blessings to all,
Donna

8 comments:

  1. Oh Donna! This is beautiful and I know they will be thrilled with it. Lucky them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours! They will truly treasure this wonderful gift and will be able to pass it down to their children, and grandchildren. My grandmother was very skilled at knitting and crocheting and I wish that I had some of her beautiful work. Fortunately my mother is also very skilled and I'm making sure a few pieces are kept for me. Happy New Year...xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, That crocheted blanket is beautiful! You are so talented. I am sure that they are going to love it, especially because you made it for them.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- They are going to LOVE that! I have never made an afghan. Is that sad, or what? Lots of quilts...but I never learned to knit or crochet.

    I can't wait to see some pictures of their happy faces! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job Donna!!!
    I have one my grandmother made for me over 30 years ago and i just treasure it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear friend!
    I have been in rushing hours at work that I missed so many beautiful posts on your blog! Sorry for that! Yes, this afghan is a wonderful lasting gift! They will love it for sure! How precious! I can't wait to see your "after" photos!!!
    Love and hugs,
    LS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW, Donna, this is totally gorgeous!!! They will be thrilled. You are so totally creative and make such beautiful creations!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna,
    Lovely to meet you!
    Thanks for visiting and introducing yourself.
    This Afghan rug for your kids is fabulous and a life long treasure. Well done.
    Creative hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete